Acceptable Use Policy
Last Modified: August 14, 2018
We have a few rules on how our services can and cannot be used and this policy explains them (this “Acceptable Use Policy”). The rules apply to all of VRIFY’s services (the “Services”) and to all our users and clients regardless of their plans. These rules form part of our broader terms of service. If you see an undefined term here, it has the same definition as in the terms of service applicable to your Services (the “Terms”).
We may amend this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time in our sole discretion without notice to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and your Representatives comply at all times with the latest version of this Acceptable Use Policy. Please check this URL often to read the current version of the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Acceptable Use. In your use of the Services, you:
- are responsible for your Authorized Users’ compliance with the Terms and this Acceptable Use Policy and for any breach of the Terms or this Acceptable Use Policy by your Authorized Users as if it were your breach;
- are solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, integrity, and legality of Client Content and of the means by which you acquire or generate Client Content;
- shall use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the Services, including keeping passwords and Authorized User names confidential and not permitting any third party to access or use your (or any of your Authorized Users’) user name, password, or account for the Services;
- are solely responsible and liable for all activity conducted through your account in connection with the Services;
- shall promptly notify us if you become aware of or reasonably suspect any security breach relating in any way to the Services, including any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of your (or any of your Authorized Users’) user name, password, or account;
- shall access and use the Services only in accordance with applicable laws and government regulations; and
- shall comply in all respects with all applicable terms of any services supplied by third parties that you may access or to which you may subscribe in connection with the Services.
- Prohibited Uses. You agree that you shall not, and shall not authorize, permit, or encourage your Authorized Users or any third party to:
- make the Services available to anyone other than your Authorized Users;
- use the Services for any unauthorized or unlawful purpose,
- use the Services to store or transmit any content, including Client Content, that may be infringing, defamatory, libellous, threatening, harmful, fraudulent, abusive, lewd, obscene, pornographic, tortious or unlawful, including any content that may violate intellectual property, privacy, rights of publicity, or other laws;
- use the Services to send out spam or other unsolicited messages, chain letters, pyramid schemes or multi level marketing scams;
- upload to, or transmit from, the Services any data, file, software, or link that contains or redirects to a virus, Trojan horse, time bomb, worm, or other harmful code that is designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- use the Services or the servers hosting the Services for any denial of service attacks, network flooding or overloading or for any botnet networks;
- reverse engineer, de-compile, hack, disable, interfere with, disassemble, modify, copy, translate, or disrupt the features, functionality, integrity, or performance of the Services (including any mechanism used to restrict or control the functionality of the Services), any third-party use of the Services, or any data contained on the Services (except to the extent such restrictions are prohibited by applicable law);
- copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, reprogram, lend, rent, lease, merge (with other software) or attempt to determine the source code for the Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, or related systems or networks or to defeat, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, or otherwise circumvent any software protection or monitoring mechanisms of the Services;
- circumvent or attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of the Services or the servers(s) hosting the Services, or interrupt, restrict or attempt to interrupt or restrict the operation of the server(s) hosting the Services;
- restrict or attempt to restrict, inhibit or degrade in any way, any use of the Services by Authorized Users;
- breach or attempt to breach the security of another user of the Services or gain access to another user’s computer, software or data without consent;
- seize or abuse Services administrator privileges;
- use or distribute tools designed for compromising security, such as packet sniffers, ping bombers, cracking tools, password guessing programs or network probing tools;
- knowingly input, through the Services, any information, data, or other content, that is incorrect, inaccurate or fraudulent;
- access or use the Services in order to build a similar or competitive product or service or copy any ideas, features, functions, or graphics of the Services, create other software products on the basis of the Services or parts thereof;
- make the Services available to third parties (who are not your Authorized Users) in any form or otherwise transfer or exploit your right of access and use of the Services or any part thereof, including, without limitation, by marketing, selling, distributing, assigning, licensing, or sublicensing your right of access and use of the Services, time sharing or making your right of access and use of the Services available to others in a service bureau, a “software as a service” model, or in an “application service provider” model;
- duplicate in hard copy or any other format whatsoever, any documentation provided to you in connection with the Services, except that, with proper copyright notices, you may make a single copy of such documentation for your own use; or
- use the Services to otherwise violate the rights of others.
- Suspensions. We are not responsible for monitoring your compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy. If you are in breach of this Acceptable Use Policy, we may suspend your access to the Services without notice to you.